National Foster Care Month is a time to recognize the role each of us plays in enhancing the lives of children and youth in foster care. This year, the theme for National Foster Care Month is "Building Blocks to Permanent Families." The Children's Bureau's National Foster Care Month website provides resources that highlight a variety of practices and approaches you can use to support permanence through reunification, kinship care, guardianship, and adoption for children and youth in foster care and their families.
The following resources offer youth, caregivers and professionals information about each of the building blocks to support efforts to strengthen families throughout the permanence process:
- Engaging families in case planning
- Enriching caseworker and family visits
- Supporting families and caregivers through services
- Building family and community connections
- Enhancing well-being for children, youth, and families
- Strengthening families through permanence
The website also offers resources for youth and foster parents; State-by-State foster care information; and inspiring real-life stories from families, youth, foster parents, caseworkers, and others.
For more information and resources, visit: