As a faculty member of the UCLA Center for Vaccine Research, my research interests are in the epidemiology and clinical evaluation of vaccines for the prevention of infectious diseases, with a particular interest in pertussis, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Neiserria meningitidis, respiratory viruses as well as combination vaccines. In addition, we seek to understand and improve vaccine delivery to the general population looking at disparities in vaccine access, recording and availability.
American Board of Pediatrics, General Pediatrics re-certified 2004
American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatric Infectious Diseases 2001
Internship and Residency, Pediatrics, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center/UCLA School of Medicine
Fellowship, Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center/UCLA School of Medicine
Physician, Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Miller Children’s Hospital/Long Beach Memorial Medical Center, Long Beach, CA
M.D., New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY
B.S., Cybernetics, emphasis in Life Sciences/Physiology, University of California, Los Angeles
1. Lee MS, Greenberg DP, Yeh SH, Yogev R, Reisinger KS, Ward JI, Blatter M, Cho I, Holmes SJ, Cordova JM, August MJ, Chen W, Mehta HB, Coelingh KL, Mendelman P. Antibody responses to bovine parainfluenza virus type 3 (PIV3) vaccination and human PIV3 infection in young infants. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2001;184:909-13.
2. Yeh SH, Zangwill KM, Lee H, Chang S-J, Wong V, Greenberg DP, Ward JI. Impact of heptavalent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine on Streptococcus pneumoniae nasopharyngeal carriage in infants, Vaccine 2003;21:2627-2631.
3. Partridge S, Yeh SH. Clinical Evaluation of Pediarix. Am J Managed Care 2003;9(supp1):s13-22.
4. Greenberg DP, Walker RE, Lee, M-S, Reisinger KS, Ward JI, Yogev R, Blatter MM, Yeh SH, Karron RA, Sangli C, Eubank L, Coelingh KL, Cordova JM, August MJ, Mehta HB, Chen W, Mendelman PM. A bovine parainfluenza virus type 3 vaccine is safe and immunogenic in early infancy. J Infect Dis 2005;191:1116-1122.
5. Yeh SH, Mink CM. Shift in the epidemiology of pertussis infection: An indication for pertussis vaccine boosters for adults? DRUGS 2006.;66:731-741
6. Yeh SH, Lieberman JM. Update on adolescent immunization: pertussis, meningococcus, HPV, and the future. Cleve Clin J Med 2007;74:714-727.
7. Yeh SH. Combination vaccines and immunization delivery. Vaccine Quarterly 2007;1:3-4.
8. Yeh SH, Ward JI. Prevention of H. influenzae. In: UpToDate, Rose, BD (Ed), UpToDate, Wellesley, MA, 2007.
9. Yeh SH, Mink CM. Clinical features and diagnosis of Bordetella pertussis infection in infants and children. In: UpToDate, Rose, BD (Ed), UpToDate, Wellesley, MA, 2005 to present (updated semi-annually).
10. Mink CM, Yeh SH. Infections in child-care facilities and schools. Pediatr in Rev 2009;30:259-269.
11. Zangwill KM, Yeh S, Wong EJ, et al. Acute paralytic syndromes in children: Epidemiology and relationship to vaccination. Pediatr Neurol 2010;42:206-12.
12. Yeh S, Gurtman A, Hurley D, et al. Immunogenicity and Safety of 13-valent versus 7-valent Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine in Infants and Toddlers. Pediatrics 2010;126:e493-505.
13. Mink CM, Yeh SH. Pertussis in adolescents and its prevention using Tdap. Adolesc Med 2010;21:220-235.
14. Frenck R Jr, Thompson A, Yeh SH, London A, Sidhu MS, Patterson S, Gruber WC, Emini EA, Scott DA, Gurtman A; 3011 Study Group. Immunogenicity and safety of 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in children previously immunized with 7-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2011 Dec;30(12):1086-91. PMID: 21983216
15. Ding Y, Zangwill KM, Hay JW, Allred NJ, Yeh SH. Cost-benefit analysis of in-hospital influenza vaccination of postpartum women. Obstet Gynecol. 2012 Feb;119(2 Pt 1):306-14. PMID: 22270282
PubMed Search for Sylvia H. Yeh